In many cases of long standing pain related to spine (Lower back pain – spinal arthritis, neck pain – cervical spondylitis, sciatica etc), muscles and joints (knee pain, shoulder pain etc), we are not able to treat the primary problem or the primary reason of pain. In such patients’ interruption of the pathway, carrying the message of pain from spine or joints to the brain is considered the latest and safest method of long-term pain relief. This pathway involves different kind of pain nerves and this technique uses state-of-the-art Radio frequency Ablation method.
Pain specialists, Pain management specialists, Spine specialists, spine surgeons and patients are always looking for long-term solutions rather than short-lived interventions for their pain. There are three main nonsurgical treatments to ablate nerves elements. These are; the use of extreme cold (cryoablation), high temperature radiofrequency and chemicals (neurolysis), such as alcohol or phenol. Radiofrequency ablation offers the advantage of being precise, reproducible and effective to a greater extent. It also has the ability to check before the ablation to avoid ablating the wrong nerve elements, which provides a considerable safety margin. Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) is a very exciting method in pain medicine that uses a specialized device to disrupt nerve’s role of carrying the message of pain. A probe is inserted through a needle like instrument and controlled delivery of heat is placed along a painful nerve. RFA causes nerve destruction through heat. Interestingly this technique doesn’t alter other normal tasks of these nerves. One alternative technique, though less effective, Pulsed-RFA does not cause nerve destruction, but instead is used to stun painful nerves.
It is a minimally-invasive, pinhole technique and better alternative to surgery and a cost-effective option in the care of long standing old pain. Partner with us to get treated with better results and transform your life of suffering from chronic pain to enjoyable pain free life.
If you suffer from chronic pain, radiofrequency ablation is a cutting-edge treatment that may help you find pain relief. After undergoing radiofrequency ablation, patients have reported:
- Pain relief
- Faster recovery times.
- Improvement in quality of life.
- Maximal physical activities.
- Decreased need to take pain medications when compared to other treatment options.
The best radiofrequency ablation benefits include:
- It can be performed in day care basis ie hospital admission is not required.
- The needle like instruments can be inserted at a precise location in the body.
- It’s a minimally-invasive pinhole technique, with fast results ie neither any cut nor is anaesthesia required.
- Your pain specialist doctor can repeat the procedure if more pain relief is needed.
- Many patients, especially those with back or neck pain, experience profound pain relief.